Nori sheets are the dark green wrappers used to make sushi rolls. They’re made from seaweed and are rich in nutrients and low in calories. You can get them in Asian shops or possibly your local health food store. It’s so easy to make your own sushi, just add sushi rice and really fresh raw fish. If you haven’t tried it yet it’s great fun! Today, though, we’re substituting the rice for vegetables and avocado to make Paleo sushi rolls. They’re great as a snack or as a fun starter before dinner!
What you need:
2 nori sheets
Assorted veg (such as red pepper, cucumber, beansprouts)
Sesame oil and rice wine vinegar
1. Lay the nori sheets on a flat surface. Mash the avocado and spread it on the sheets, this will help keep all the ingredients together.
2. Chop the veg finely and mix with the dressing and the sesame seeds
3. Lay the veg and the sliced salmon in a line on the avocado
4. Roll tightly and trim any leftover nori
5. Slice the rolls into bite sized pieces and arrange on a plate for serving
6. Get the chopsticks out!