I love Thai food and one of the things I miss most on the Paleo diet is my favourite; Pad Thai. This recipe is a great alternative and you know I think I actually prefer it to the original now. It tastes great and it doesn’t leave you feeling as full as the real thing!
- 2 chicken breasts, poached & shredded
- A large handful of thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- A large handful of beansprouts
- ½ bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- Coconut oil or ghee
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- A teaspoon of grated ginger
- 2 tbsp. nut butter of your choice
- 2-3 tbsps coconut milk
- 2-3 tbsps olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wedges of lime, coriander and chopped walnuts or sliced almonds to serve
- Combine the lime, garlic, ginger, nut butter, coconut milk and olive oil for the dressing. Mix well and season to taste.
- Scramble the eggs lightly in the coconut oil or ghee.
- Combine the cabbage, pepper, beansprouts and spring onions for the salad and add the egg.
- Pour over the dressing and serve with lime wedges, coriander and chopped nuts.
- Ta dah, Sunday night takeaway healthy style.