These brownies are so moist and delicious. No one will guess the secret ingredient is sweet potato! I love to make a big batch at the weekend and have them for a treat with my coffee on a Sunday evening. They make a great dessert too served with Paleo ice cream or Nobo. Delish.
- 600g sweet potato
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g coconut flour
- 200g dates
- 4 heaped tbsps raw cacao powder
- 75g chopped nuts (optional)
Makes 20 small brownies
Nutritional information per serving: 124 calories, 5g fat, 15g carbs, 4g protein.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Take two medium to large sweet potatoes and pierce with a fork. Blast them in the microwave for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked through. When they are cool enough to handle peel the sweet potatoes, you should have 600g after peeling.
- Soak the sates in boiling water to soften, drain and put them in a food processor until you have a nice smooth paste. Add the sweet potato to the dates and mix until you have a lovely sweet paste.
- In a large bowl mix the sweet potato & date paste with the rest of the ingredients (ground almonds, coconut flour, raw cacao and nuts, if using)
- Put the mixture into a silicone baking tin or a regular baking tin lined with greaseproof paper and bake for 20 minutes at 180.
- When the mixture is cooked let it cool in the tin before turning out onto a board and slicing into small squares.