These Paleo nachos take a little bit of time and effort. Use a tongs and take care when turning the chips as they’ll be hot. The effort is worth it though, they’re delicious! Serve with homemade guacamole and salsa and you’ve got a great snack for watching the match or keeping guests happy before dinner.
Makes one bowl of nachos
- One sweet potato
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- Salt (optional – as it’s not strictly Paleo)
- Preheat oven to 180
- Slice the sweet potato very finely
- Melt the coconut oil and brush the baking tray with it
- Lay the slices of potato in one layer on a baking tray. Don’t overlap!
- Cover with a sheet of baking parchment
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then turn the slices over with a tongs and bake for another 10 minutes, again covered with the parchment
- Remove the parchment paper and bake for another 10 minutes. This time you’ll have to keep watch and take out the slices at the edges if they brown.
- A ripe avocado, mashed
- A small tomato, finely diced
- Half a red onion, finely diced or a handful of chopped spring onions
- A pinch of chilli, paprika or your favourite flavours
- The juice of half a lime
- A shake of salt and pepper
Mix all the ingredients and serve. Simples.
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- A tbsp of olive oil
- A handful of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper (salt is optional)
Finely dice the tomatoes and mix with the other ingredients. Season to taste and serve.